Pest infestation is a nightmare for any homeowner and this can lead to some serious problems. Severe infestation can lead to core structural damages and health consequences that need immediate medical attention. Hence, it becomes extremely important to keep your home free from both bigger and smaller pests. These pests are attracted to dark and damp spaces that offer warmth too. It becomes important to not provide them with these optimal growth conditions and with this guide below, you can prevent them in the first instance.
- To stop them from coming in, sweep and swab your home regularly. It will make sure that the interiors are free from dust and dampness. Do not store articles like newspapers, plastic, or paper bags and boxes for pretty long periods. This becomes a good breeding ground eventually.
- Screen the doors and windows with curtains and nets. This will keep the pests and the insects out of your premises. Also, ensure that all the passageways on the floorings are blocked too.
- Special attention must be provided to the kitchen area. The area must be clean and dry always. All the open food must be instantly covered or stored in perfectly air-tight containers. Any food lying on the countertops should be wiped off and removed. Clean the dustbin daily and wash the used plates at night.
- Garbage should always be kept in covered bins as the open bins attract flies and mosquitoes. Also, the garbage should be disposed of daily to prevent the pests from getting attracted to the odour.
- Moisture is a big attraction for pests like cockroaches or termites. So it is recommended to not have stagnant water in and around the house. If the water is accumulating somewhere, it must be discarded time and again.
- Cardboard boxes also attract termites, ticks, and cockroaches. You can instead use materials like thick plastic, glass, or metals that have very tight-fitted lids.
- If your passageway has any cracks or openings or fissures, make sure to seal them out. Check out through the rest of your house too. This is because the rats, rodents, or other small pets prefer entering your home through these openings majorly.
The team of pest control Cedar Park is dedicated to helping your house get free from any sort of pests. They are experts in what they do and you will get the best services to keep these pests away.