Discovering mold within your house can make you feel disgusted as well as frustrated. In fact, many cannot stand the idea of looking at mold at all. Also, many home owners think of selling the house. However, this should be your last resort not the first.
On the other hand, there are many who live in house with mold and don’t even realize it. This is either because they choose to ignore the signs of mold or they probably don’t feel them at all. Well, whether you understand its initial signs or not, after a point of time mold will affect your health adversely and thereby make an appearance.
Health issue is the biggest reason why one must understand the signs of mold and get rid of it. Here are a few prominent signs of mold to know:
Signs of mold
- A weird smell: If mold is limited to one area of your home, you may experience a weird pungent type of odor when you are in that area. Mold is at times spreading within the walls or behind the wallpaper. So, if you are noticing some strange odor and there is nothing to relate it with, it could be mold.
- Appearance of mold: Mold will usually spread around damp areas. Well, in washrooms it is easy to notice it since you practically use that area every day, but make sure to investigate your cellar and basement regularly.
Mold isn’t always visible and hence to make sure whether it is there are not gets difficult. However, you may experience some unusual health issues if there is mold within your house. If there is mold in your house, you may experience:
- Itchy skin
- Sore eyes
- Runny or blocked nose
- Sore throat
Most of the individuals don’t relate these symptoms with mold. After all, anyone would think they are catching cold, but do not sense that it is due to mold. However, if you concentrate hard, you may experience that these symptoms decreases as soon as you step out of your home. Also, think of it like this, how all the members of your home can suffer from same symptoms at the same time.
Get mold inspection immediately
If you notice any sure shot signs of mold, getting an inspection and testing done immediately is a wise thing to do. Mold will not only affect your health, but cause damage to your house too. So, consult professional mold removal Auburn MA based company, get it inspected and get it removed using proper methods.